Preston City Council is a district council, working alongside Lancashire County Council as part of a two-tier local government system.
The Council were looking to make significant cost savings throughout their car parks. The car parks are lit 24/7 and cost the Council almost £18,500 per annum. Changing to LED lighting reduced costs significantly, provided much improved lighting for users and removed maintenance charges. The Council chose to fund the project through our low interest finance service.
Savings & Benefits
- Reduced energy lighting costs by 72%
- £13,262 saved in electricity costs per annum
- 83 tonnes of CO2 saved each year
- £2,383 saved in maintenance costs
- Payback period less than 10 months