General Mills is an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of branded consumer foods sold through retail stores.
The company undertook a cost saving campaign driven by Manager Richard Wood. We supplied and installed a range of energy efficient LED lighting in their Berwick-Upon-Tweed factory in Northumberland. They had been suffering from continuous light failure in their cold/chilling rooms as traditional lighting could not reach temperature in the cold environment. Our quality LED lights are able to work without failure in very low temperatures and increased the light levels significantly for the client. General Mills chose to fund the project through our low interest finance service.
Savings & Benefits
- Savings and Benefits
- Reduced energy lighting costs by 70%
- £38,415 saved in electricity costs per annum
- 241 tonnes of CO2 saved each year
- £8,757 saved in maintenance costs
- Payback period of less than 11 months